Thursday, April 27, 2006

The day I got drunk....



hmmm... initially I thought I wouldn't be posting about this event, but after reading my brother's post on this topic , I simply had to write something, so here goes...


The "Want to get drunk" mode:
My friend had come over for the day, and the general timepass was going on - I was playing guitar, he was singing. We were just roaming about in the evening, trying to find the perfect end to a perfect day. And what better end to a day there is than to get totally drunk, and go overboard with your best friend? But neither of us had actually drunk too much before (We'd had our share of ocassional beer and rum, but had never drunk to the hilt), so we needed someone experienced, someone who could provide us a place to get drunk, and most importantly, provide us with the drinks, as me and my friend were obviously broke. So I called up my brother, and on the happy ocassion of him being selected into IIM-B (yep, he's THAT smart) and me being the useless ass that I am, asked him to get us drunk. Initially he tried to weasel out of it, and gave us crap along the lines of "Mujhse yeh paap ka kaam nahi hoga" (yeah, right, and I'm the King of England), but I guess he didn't want to miss watching his brother doing all kinds of stupid stuff when he gets drunk. And so the course of the evening was decided and I packed my guitars and equipment to take along with me, hoping that I might get some magical inspiration to make good music under the influence of alcohol (none of that happened - I was lucky enough not to puke on my guitar).

The "Drunk" mode:
Anyway, once there, it was decided that we would get drunk on vodka. The spirit was bought, along with a bottle of sprite and some haldiram stuff, and we were ready to go. The first peg was expertly prepared by my bro and it went down nice and easy... the lightheadedness began and me and my friend started belting out rock numbers at full volume.. ah that was fun. However, instead of preparing the second peg my bro started talking to some girlfriend of his, so we took matters into our own hands. The next glass we preapared was almost 50% vodka, and after drinking half of the stuff we refilled the glass once again with neat vodka. I don't know how strong that is, but for us first timers it was pretty strong. Already my body was loosening and there was a stupid grin on my face... And my brother was sitting there enjoying the show. I guess he didn't have the patience to wait for us to get drunk slowly, so he told us very calmly (just like the devil urging two innocent souls to commit a sin) that if we want the alcohol to go to our heads, we must drink the entire thing in one go. What the heck, we were half drunk anyway, and couldn't wait to achieve the full drunk status. So the glass was emptied at the count of three. Bad idea. Almost immidiately my head started spinning and my senses went for a walk. It was as if my mind was trying to control my body through a remote control, whose batteries had run out. Well, the fun stuff started now, as we started calling people up, and started spilling the secrets of everyone... but the "fun" status lasted only for so long. My head couldn't take the spinning much longer, and it pressed the "puke" button on the remote control... and so I puked. And puked. And puked. AND puked. My friend followed soon, but the baboon was too drunk to realise that he was drunk, and wanted more vodka. And now I passed into the "splitting head" status. I went completely out on the floor and my head started aching real bad. I have vague visions of my brother lifting me and putting me on the bed, and placing a bucket next to the bed if I wanted to puke again, which turned out to be a smart move, as I made plenty use of the bucket. I hardly slept during the night,however, and was groaning real loud that my head was aching. I wonder how my brother managed to sleep. I guess my friend was the probably the only one who managed to get some sleep, after puking peacefully on the floor.

The "Hangover" mode:
Next morning we woke up feeling weak and drained. The whole place stank of puke. We were however in no mood to go home yet. My mom has a sense of smell more acute than a bloodhound's, and going home in this status would mean virtual death. So we decided to have fun while the hangover lasted. We called up all the grils we knew and sang songs to them in the morning. Nice way to get rid of hangover. Eventually the girls got sick of us and started cutting our calls. With nothing much to do, we finally cleaned ourselves, took baths, and left. Back home, my mom was very curious to know what I had done the previous night. I made up some stories, but I guess on one level she knew. Parents always know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arvind Iyer said...

Beware ! Your mom might turn to blogging very soon ! kahin padh liya to...

Btw, welcome to the daaru club !

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm so rude i did not cut ur call:P but thts because i was asleep... u forgot to mention crack of dawn

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur friend (da 1 wid u) told me about this.dude meri baat maan DONT DRINK!it jus shows how weak u are!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home